Saturday, August 11, 2007

Those days....SIGH.....

Like most children of my generation, I simpy lived cricket, and believed I would one day bring the world cup to India with a last-ball six of Allan Donald. Then the harsher realities of life caught up with me, I had to do what I had to do, sit down and study. MAY be i shud have pursued my dream, but like Sidhu says "MAY BE was never a good honey BEE".

But thankfully, I could postpone serious cramming/learning till my higher secondary exams. I was average by all means, but remained at the top of my class, because ......well, no one was particularly interested in studying. The headmaster dint help either, his ultimate goal was a cent per cent(all -pass) result, whatever marks you got over 35 was a bonus. All this left ample time for cricket. WE followed and played cricket like there was no tomorrow. Life was split in two, school and cricket.Life was simple - it was about hitting sixes. Dint matter if you got out, won or lost.

Those days are long gone now(actually it is just a little over half a decade) . Life is complicated, I already feel wise ;) ,old and slow.Life is more about staying at the crease and keeping the score ticking(How boring). Technique is valued more than raw talent, I see that on screen too, Lord Sachin is no longer the master blaster I used to love, people have forgotten afridi, even dhoni has mellowed down, even my code has gotten complex and structured ;).

Everything has become so complex that I am not able to think straight, or write what I think.
I started out to write a blog on Kumble's century , a great gentleman and an epitome of commitment. And naturally thought I shud set the background - how I grew up with cricket, and got just a little carried away ;). For great blogs on kumble's century, please ask me or just google.

5 comments:

Superficial Gibbering prater said...

life has indeed become complex,how else can u explain a women president...weird isnt it [:P]..it isn't as simple as school days(golden days..hmmm).

Gin said...

it's time we started the friday crickt again.... wat say??

Unknown said...

Finally I managed to read all your blogs! Ah.. I can see a nice battle between you n ur bro. Wondering why he isn't writing these days ;)
And you have lots of things in common. Now both are blaming life for lacking spice!
About the post, I can find lots of similarities with my own life.. It didn't take much time to realize that cricket will take me nowhere when I left it. But a career in cricket would be much more exciting na.. rather than being code generating engines! :)

Stranger said...

sgp : Do u even know whats subtlety..... you wont go much far with the ladies, son

arun: absolutely, only if u wud stop staring at that screen and coding complex string manipulations

vivek:
Great to know tat u have/had similar interests.
Btw ..there is NO differnce between me and G ....We are alter egos...
You are right about the code generating engines part...
Cricket would be more interesting and lucrative :)

Alpine Path said...

wow! I don't have much experience with cricket in this way but I can relate to it if I change cricket to shuttle. Shuttle is one of the best games ever to be played. And, all the fun we had! God! :)